In November 2019 we went to Disneyland Paris. During this trip I learned some things which can be useful for your future Disneyland trip. Here are 14 tips for Disneyland Paris.
Preparing for Disneyland Paris
- Go to Disneyland during weekdays and not during holiday seasons to avoid the busy times. Check the French (Belgium, Dutch, German) school holidays for the quieter days. Our waiting lines were 5 to 45 minutes. During peak season the waiting time can be 2 hours!
- If you have an ANWB membership you can book Park tickets and a Disney hotel for a cheaper price. You will need to do this 6+ months beforehand (to get the date you want). They only have a certain amount of rooms and dates.
- If you are staying for more days at Disneyland you can stay at a Disney hotel (130-600 euro per night) or at a hotel outside the Disneyland circle (60-90 euro).
- If you book a Disney hotel on the Disneyland website, you can also include a Thalys ticket in your package. If the time is not suitable for you, you can book the Thalys tickets separate.
- You can go to Disneyland Park directly with the Thalys train from Rotterdam (or Amsterdam). A trip from Rotterdam to Disneyland takes 3 hours. A return ticket is 99 euro. You need to make a reservation to be assured of a seat. When we booked for Rotterdam-Disneyland, they only had 2 time slots per day. 7:58 in the morning and 15:58 in the afternoon.
- Re-watch all the Disney movies for full experience. (Or after visiting Disneyland.)
- If you are staying at a Disney hotel you get a Magic Pass which gives you access to your hotel room and to the Disney parks. You also use this card to get FASTPASS from the machines.
- If you have luggage with you, you can leave it at a baggage place at your Disney hotel (for free) or near the park entrance for a fee. Or already in your room, if you checked in after 15:00.
- Extra Magic Time: If you are staying at a Disney hotel, you can get into the park earlier than 10:00 (normal opening time). You can visit the parks at 8:30-9:30.
At Disneyland Paris
- Download the Disneyland Paris app on you mobile phone. You can find the map and waiting times for the attractions. There is also more information about the park, events, restaurants, toilets and hotels.
- There is free Wi-Fi in the park. You just need to give an email address to get access.
- Food in the parks is quite expensive and not always the most tasty. Try food in Disney village and outside the Disney area, like Val d’Europe. Read more about the food at Disneyland Paris.
- There are toilets everywhere. Bring a water bottle, since they also have drinking water fountains near the toilets.
- At most rides you can get a FASTPASS ticket. This ticket allows you to take a shorter waiting line between a certain time. Instead of waiting 40 minutes for a ride right now at 12:00, you can come back at 13:00 and get in the fast past waiting line of only 10 minutes waiting time.
It was such a fun trip. I really recommend you to visit Disneyland too, if you have watched the movies. A two-day trip should be enough to visit all the attractions. My favorite was the Tower of Terror, which gives you a lot of tummy feeling and the actors/employees are really good. Disney is quite expensive, but you just have to think of it as a week worth of holiday, squeezed in a few days. So just enjoy all the magic.
Have a good Friday!