Today I present you my first cooking video! On lazy days when I don’t feel like going all out with cooking, I will dump everything in a pan and cook. This recipe is a lazy vegetable soup with pasta.
All kinds vegetables are suitable for this soup, so feel free to change it up. Also at the end of throwing everything together, taste the soup and add salt to your taste. My soup was quite light, so I added a bit more salt outside the video.
Here is the text version of the recipe:
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 stems of celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- Chinese greens
- 3 eggs
- Handful pasta fusilli (or noodles)
- 800 ml water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken powder (or salt)
- Salt (to your liking)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Sichuan pepper (optional)
- 3 teaspoons mirin (optional)
- Cut all the vegetables. Beat the eggs.
- Add oil to the pan on medium heat. Add onion and carrot. Stir fry 2 minutes on high heat. Add tomato and celery. (Actually you can just dump in all these in one time. I wanted to make the onion softer first, but carrot also fell in.) Stir fry for about 5 minutes. Let the veggie sweetness come out.
- Add two tablespoons soy sauce. Add two teaspoons sugar. Add 800 ml water. Wait till the water is bubbling a lot. Add some black pepper, Sichuan pepper and mirin. Any taste maker is okay to put in the soup. If you like a curry taste, you can add some curry powder.
- When the water is still bubbling add pasta fusilli (or noodles).
- When the fusilli is softer and flabby (bendable) add the beaten egg. Stir to make some pretty egg flowers. Add the green leafed veggies.
- Taste the soup, not salty enough? Add more salt. Little by little, don’t accidentally drop too much salt in!
- Now the soup is done! Enjoy! ^_^